In addition to our private wine tours, we offer small-group tours daily to Eger, Villány, Somló (and Northern Balaton), and Tokaj (on a rotating schedule). These tours follow the same format as the private tours, and the groups are kept small (maximum six participants). The trips depart from Budapest (after pick-up at your hotel in the morning). While the itineraries vary from day to day, they do always include visits and generous tastings at three wineries, a fabulous lunch (either homemade at a winery or at a winery-owned restaurant) which will introduce you to the local food of the region, and an all-around educational and fun day spent with like-minded wine lovers. By the day’s end, you will have gained a good understanding of the state of Hungarian winemaking, and you should feel like a specialist in the region you have visited. Join us for a fun day, full of wine, food, Hungarian culture, and great company!
Price: $295 USD per person
• For larger groups we are happy to prepare custom offers. Please contact us for a customized price proposal.
• This is a small group tour (which means minimum of two guests and maximum of six guests)
What Is Included?
• Pick-up (at around 8:30am) and drop-off (at around 8pm) from your accommodation in Budapest. In the days before the tour we will contact you to arrange the exact pick-up time and location.
• Three winery visits/tastings with generous tastings of 5-8 wines
• Bottles of mineral water and light snacks for the car ride are included
• A generous three-course lunch
• Tour is led by a wine-specialized tour guide
• Includes tasting sheets for you to take wine notes to keep for your memories/records
• A cold plate of local products (cheese, meat, etc.) will accompany the final tasting of the day
What is not included?
• Additional admissions to museums, sights, etc.
SUNDAY—Tokaj (Starting in 2017, our Sunday tours will visit Somló & Northern Balaton instead of Tokaj)
£250.00Full-day wine tasting tour to the Tokaj wine region in northeastern Hungary. We'll spend the day tasting wine (at three different wineries), exploring the beautiful countryside (and labyrinth-like cellars), and tasting the local food.